Colleen A. Dooley
Trusts and Estates
- Counseled executors in probate and administration of decedents’ estates; prepared and filed Federal and New York State Estate Tax Returns.
- Participated in all aspects of residential real estate transactions.
- Title examination and preparation of title commitment as examining counsel for Chicago Title Insurance Company and Stewart Title Insurance Company.
- Contested probate of a death-bed will on testator’s lack of capacity and undue influence (settled in favor of objectant after defending a motion for summary judgment).
- Interviewed and counseled clients, drafted and supervised execution of estate planning documents including simple and complex wills, irrevocable and revocable trusts, power-of-attorney, health care proxies, and living wills.
- Prepared motions and research for partners on litigation matters including adverse possession, contracts, and uniform commercial code.
- Formed small corporations, professional service corporations, and limited liability companies; advised client of tax elections; prepared buy-sell agreements between shareholders/members.
- Formed not-for-profit corporations and obtained Federal and New York State tax exempt status.
- Defended a not-for-profit corporation in law suit by expelled member; evictions, small claims, and commercial claims actions in city/town courts; breach of contract action in Supreme Court.
- Pro-bono representation of debtors in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy through referrals by The Legal Project.
- Non-attorney responsibilities included chamber of commerce networking, social media networking, participation in community education, firm marketing, and creation of informational materials.
Tischler Gillberg, LLC, Latham, New York
July 2016-August 2017
Martin, Shudt, Wallace, DiLorenzo & Johnson, Troy, New York
September 2014 –July 2016
The DiFabio Law Firm, P.C., Albany, New York
May 2007-September 2014
Roemer, Wallens, & Mineaux, LLP, Albany, New York
THOMAS M COOLEY LAW SCHOOL, LANSING, MI
Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2006
Class Rank: 32/274
- Dean’s List
- Honor Roll
- Sixty Plus Elderlaw Clinic
- Honor’s Scholar
- Women’s Law Alliance, President
- The International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi,
- Intra-school Mock Trial Competition
- Student Ambassador
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK COLLEGE AT BROCKPORT, BROCKPORT, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts, magna cum laude, December 2001 GPA: 3.51/4.0